Friday, January 30, 2009

Inspiration and a great Scrabble word~

Oh, the muses! Why is it that they delight in waking me up at 3 o-bloody-clock* in the morning with flashes of inspiration? Feast or famine it seems like, and they have not a care in the world... evil blessed things.

But yes, flash of inspiration, three a.m., and me fumbling about in the semi-dark [only semi as I have a wee booklight for just such situations. I have learned from the wickedness of the muses.] to record the flash in as much detail as I could without fully waking up. Why do they do this, too, on work nights? I'd have gotten up and typed like a fiend if it were Friday night [or more properly Saturday morning] and I could sleep in, but no...

I find that I shall be like a woman possessed on my breaks today to get the outline fleshed out and words written to give the outline rudimentary form. This is one of those kernels of inspiration that won't wait, which is good as my 'to-do' list is ever growing and few items are actually getting crossed off it. Perhaps this flash is what the muses ordered to get the log jam opened up and more words flowing. I hope so, because it's going to be a heavy tea drinking day.


*This is an example of tmesis, which is splitting a word into separate parts with other words occurring between the parts. It's absolutely genius to use playing Scrabble! Why yes, we did have two snow days, why do you ask? *Grin*

No comments: