Thursday, December 4, 2008

Shameless Promotion

This is a repost from my Welcome to Writer's Muses response. I cannot help myself, I adore both WM and PH, so today I am promoting them in the blogosphere.

I apologise for being tardy in joining in with the welcome post, but rest assured that I am very excited to see Writer's Muses here on PanHistoria.

The beauty of Writer's Muses here on Pan is, for me, two-fold.

1. I get to post the character development pieces for Isabel here. You know the ones, those posts and ideas that just don't fit into her blog/diary but that I, obviously, enjoy sharing about her. We all have such beautifully complex and well-thought out characters here, and any chance to share the things that occur behind the scenes in making them who they are, but don't quite fit into our novels and/or blogs is one to be grabbed.

2. Seeing the prompts and what others post about their characters can jump-start my own stalled creativity. Sometimes, it's just good to read what others write and share and be inspired by them. It takes a certain amount of bravery to hit the post button, and seeing so many others hitting that button here on Pan is wonderful! Especially after those days when mired in the 9-5 muck that pays the bills so that I can play here in my free time.

Okay, to end this before I keep gushing in my excitement and glee. In the immortal words of Ms Frizzle:

Take chances, make mistakes, get messy!

Your muses will thank you for it.

No comments: